Courtyard Arts and Community Centre, Hertford
- View on map...
Courtyard Arts is a lively and friendly arts centre with a vibrant gallery, artists studios, a gift shop and cafe. We offer a wide range of art and ceramics classes for all ages and abilities and have an extensive community outreach programme. With over 20 exhibitions a year there's always something new to see so come and visit us todayThis is a community arts organisation with a permanent base in a converted stable block. It is run mainly by volunteers who offer their time as gallery stewards, administration helpers and as part of the management team.
There are two workshop spaces, one equipped for ceramics in which classes are run; the workshops are available for hire at other times. It has a public gallery with a continous programme of exhibitions.
The Gallery is available for hire for exhibitions (details of exhibition programmes are listed on website, exhibitions change fortnightly). There are two studios leased out to artists on a yearly basis. The centre has a juice-bar cafe.
Classes are held throughout the week in term time:
* Classes for adults include Mixed Media, Watercolour, Oil painting, Ceramics and Pottery, life drawing. There is a Supported Art class for people with disabilities wishing to explore their creative side and build confidence;
* Classes for children include Fun Art and Fun Clay and advanced art for pre-teens, they also host Art Parties;
* Classes for parents and toddlers include art and music;
* Other groups using the centre include Drama Classes, the Hertford Reading Group;
* One-off workshops are also held, contact centre for details. Special programmes run in the school holidays.
Venue: Courtyard Arts Centre, Port Vale, Hertford SG14 3AA
Age Range: all ages
Timing and Repeats:
Gallery, Gift Shop and Juice Bar Cafe is open to the public from Tuesday-Saturday from 10.00am-4.00pm, Friday until 5.00pm and at other times by special arrangement. Artworks are for sale.
Booking Info: Unknown