TRACKS Project for Young Men at Waltham Cross Young People’s Centre, Stanhope Road, Waltham Cross
- Waltham Cross
- View on map...
The aim of the TRACKS programme is to develop young men’s confidence and self-esteem and equip them with the knowledge, abilities and attitudes to reduce the risk of them being criminally exploited and to support them to make positive choices in their lives. This project is for young men in the Broxbourne area aged 13-15.
If you are a young man in the Broxbourne area aged 13-15 come to the TRACKS Project at the Waltham Cross Young People’s Centre.
You can take part in group activities and also get individual support to learn about:
- Your strengths, abilities and future potential
- How to make positive choices and take steps to achieve your goals
- Interpersonal skills and teamwork
- The impact of youth violence, anti-social behaviour and gang association
- How to develop and sustain positive healthy relationships
- How to develop and maintain positive mental health
- Maintaining physical health, including sexual health
- Drug and alcohol awareness
- How to stay safe on line and how to develop a positive online profile
- Local support services and how to access support when you need it
- First Aid (certificated)
- Values and beliefs and how these inform your perspective on life
- How to bring about change and develop resilience
- How to reflect and celebrate your achievements
You will have the opportunity to develop positive relationships with the professionals supporting you, and also become aware of other professional support available to you in the community and how to access this support.
You will be allocated a worker to support you after the project has finished to help you in making good use of your learning and support you in achieving your personal goals.
Previous participants have said how taking part in the TRACKS programme helped improve their wellbeing and communication skills, informed their choices and behaviour, and enabled them to make personal and positive change.
A parent said: "The group has been really good for my son to be challenged outside of the school environment and his behaviour has been improving in school".
How to join the project
Young people can ask to attend this project themselves (self referral). If you are a parent/carer or professional working with young people and believe that TRACKS would help a young person you know, you can refer them to the project by getting in touch using the phone number or email below. Our local team will arrange to speak with the young person and find out how we can help them.
Waltham Cross Young People's Centre is fully wheelchair accessible.
Venue: Waltham Cross Young People's Centre, Stanhope Road, Waltham Cross EN8 7DJ
Age Range: 13-15
Timing and Repeats:
Varies according to the group. A new project starts on Thursday 28 February 2019 and runs until June 2019.
Booking Info: Booking always needed
PDF: Tracks Poster