YC Hertfordshire Hatfield Access Point at Breaks Manor Youth Centre
- View on map...
At the YC Hertfordshire Hatfield Access Point you can get information, advice, guidance and support on education, work, training and volunteering. We also offer advice on drugs, finance, health, including sexual health and contraception, housing and much more.
In the YC Hertfordshire Hatfield Access Point you can get information, advice and guidance on a wide range of questions and issues such as:
- Brief Therapy - for when your life is ‘stuck’ (by appointment)
- Drug Awareness Certificate Training
- Health, including help with quitting smoking
- Health and Safety Certificate Training
- Housing and homelessness (a Housing Advice Worker is available on Wednesdays from 1.30pm to 4.00pm)
- Jobs and careers
- Sexual health and contraception (free condoms, pregnancy testing and chlamydia testing)
- Youth work projects and programmes
Sexual health and contraception
At the YC Hertfordshire Hatfield Access Point you can get sexual health information, support and advice. The service is free and confidential and includes:
- Free condoms through the c-card Hertfordshire scheme
- Free chlamydia testing
- Free pregnancy testing
- Sexual and general health advice
What is the c-card Hertfordshire scheme?
c-card Hertfordshire is a sexual health scheme for young people aged 13-25 that aims to help you:
- Make the right CHOICES regarding relationships
- Get free CONDOMS to prevent unplanned pregnancies and reduce sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Get tested for CHLAMYDIA and other STIs
- Understand the types of CONTRACEPTION available
When you register with this scheme you will be issued with a card which contains a unique ID number. You will then be able to use this to pick up free condoms from any registration or easy access point in Hertfordshire where you see the c-card logo.
The YC Hertfordshire Hatfield Access Point is a c-card registration and easy access (distribution) point.
The YC Hertfordshire Hatfield Access Point has been awarded the 'You're Welcome' quality mark for young people's health services. This means you will be welcomed into a friendly atmosphere, offering a confidential and expert service. Facilities for people with disabilities: the majority of the building is accessible.
Wednesdays 8am-12.30pm and 2-5pm
YC Hertfordshire personal advisers are on duty:
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 3-5pm
Outside of these opening times you can email a personal adviser via the purple 'Need Advice' button here on the YC Hertfordshire website for a reply within two working days or visit the National Careers Service website for careers advice.
See details of the other YC Hertfordshire Access Points here.
Venue: YC Hertfordshire Hatfield Access Point, Breaks Manor Youth Centre, Link Drive, Hatfield AL10 8TP
Age Range: 13-19, up to 24 if you have a disability or learning disability
Timing and Repeats:
Please see above for the opening hours.
Booking Info: Drop-in / no booking needed
Contact: Kevin Whitehouse, tel:01707 266223